|Job Ref:||204728307||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northumberland||City:||Northumberland||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:12|
Direct and coordinate the daily activities of a team of repair technicians to ensure that repairs are completed and dispatched back to the customer in line with expectations. Work towards developing current processes and procedures and increasing the efficiency and effectivness of the department. Ensure compliance of personnel to the organisations administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.|
• All employees have a responsibility to comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties
• Organise and monitor daily workload
• Ensure turnaround time for repairs are within agreed levels
• Effectively deal with all performance management issues within the workshop
• Monitor and action attendance and sickness levels and action accordingly
• Carry out AFM reviews for all staff
• Ensure compliance to all quality related company standards applicable to Repairs workshop
• Active involvement in internal / external audits carried out within the repairs workshop
• Allocate all repair tasks to appropriate areas of the workshop
• Monitor, report and direct activities towards improving:
Turnaround time for repairs
Cost monitoring and reduction
• Responsible for the Procurement of inventory within standard company processes
• Active participation in change initiatives to increase efficiency
• Ensure Health and Safety regulations are implemented and followed
• Ensure safe working environment is maintained at all times
• Schedule and monitor all training requirements for individual staff development
• Facilitate and organise continuous improvement initiatives /programmes within the department
• Attend Contract review meetings as directed
• Regular customer interface required
• Attendance in meetings and projects as directed by National service centres Manager
HNC Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
ILM level 5 Leadership and Business Management or equivalent
At least 5 years supervisory experience
At least 5 years working within electronic / light engineering environment
Strong organisational skills to plan daily workload and prioritise tasks for individual / team.
Ability to motivate and improve teams to attain departmental objectives.
Good working knowledge of IT systems including SAP is essential.
IOSH managing safety.
Six Sigma (Green Belt) or equivalent