|Job Ref:||204728446||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Falmer||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:12|
My client currently have an opportunity for a Water Modeller within their water and wastewater network modelling team based in Falmer, East Sussex. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.|
As a Water Modeller you will be working on wastewater network projects. Responsibilities will include: My client are
•Technical expertise in mathematical wastewater modelling.
•Working as part of a team you will be involved in a variety of schemes from model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the model to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to the Wastewater Network.
•Undertaking the development of modelled engineering solutions to mitigate the effects of development, to solve sewer flooding and to address unsatisfactory overflows.
•Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
•Supervise site surveys and field investigations.
•Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
•Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
•Maintain communication and develop on going contacts with clients as required
•Provide guidance and training to less experienced members within the team
Qualifications To be successful in this role you will possess the following;
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
• A member (or working towards membership) of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE
• Experience in wastewater industry and previous experience in the modelling of wastewater networks
• Competent skill level in business development
• A full understanding of HydroWorks and InfoWorks is essential
• Working knowledge of using GIS tools is preferable
• Experience in the management of staff and staff development
• Able to integrate well into a team and provide technical management over other modelling staff
• Experienced level of decision making
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• Excellent client service focus
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients