|Job Ref:||204728534||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£300 - £350/day Negotiable||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:44|
Position: Mechanical Supervisor - Water|
Location: East London
Rate Guide: £300.00 - £350.00 per day
Our Client is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally and they are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector they serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
Our client is part of a joint venture which has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water's £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a 'super alliance' of industry-leading organisations.
They are looking to strengthen their operations team with a Mechanical Supervisor for their Thames Water joint venture framework. This role will initially be based at Beckton STW where they are carrying out testing on the Desalination Plant involving the testing of 70 No. chemical dosing lines for 12 No. different types of chemicals.
You will report directly to the Site Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
* Support the Site Manager in maintaining a safe working environment for all employees, supply chain partners and visitors.
* Management of the Mechanical Sub-contractor. Ensure they have the necessary documents in place e.g. Inspection and Test Plan, RAMS, programme etc.
* Ensure that all relevant HS&E documents are correctly recorded when received and that they are the latest version.
* Check that all relevant documents adequately describe the work to be carried out.
* Produce and distribute Method Statements and Work Instructions as required by the Project Execution Plan.
* Supervise work to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with Method Statements and Work Instructions.
* Record the progress of the works on record drawings or other suitable means when required.
* Inspect and record incoming materials and their documentation where required.
* Carry out regular checks on survey and test equipment where required.
* Record all non-conformance and improvement opportunities and agree action with the person in charge of the works.
* Witness tests.
* Assist in the determination of the works necessary to a failing pipeline to remedy a test failure.
* Previous experience of working in the water and waste water industry
* Previous experience of testing chemical dosing lines
* HND/HNC Mechanical Engineering
* CSCS Card