|Job Ref:||204728716||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Warmley||Address:||Salary:||£24000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:12|
Demob Job Reference: j2679|
Job Title: Generator Engineer
Location: Warmley, South Gloucestershire
Salary: £24,000 to £25,000
Our client is a well established company specialising in the hire, installation, maintenance and commissioning of diesel generator systems for many industry sectors. Due to continued growth, They now require a Generator Engineer to join their existing team in Bristol. The successful candidate will be workshop based and carry out repair and maintenance to the rental fleet of generators.
Although not essential, candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) career are encouraged to apply, especially those from a strong generator servicing background.
- Carry out scheduled service work, engine rebuilds, planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance to generator in a range of 20kVA - 2000kVA size ranges.
- Identify electrical and mechanical faults and carry out repairs.
- Test equipment to ensure that it is in good working order.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Liaise with customers and management.
- Provide general assistance in the yard, including loading and offloading equipment.
- Provide customer assistance on and off-site.
- Ensure that machinery and equipment are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency and comply with all Health & Safety Requirements.
- Must come from a generator servicing background, ideally with a relevant engineering qualification.
- Strong practical engineering knowledge of power generation and distribution systems.
- Strong technical background within a similar role.
- Hands on approach.
- Experience of heavy plant machinery such as Diesel Generators and engines.
- Ability to fault find and read technical diagrams.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Sound communicator.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- £24,000 to £25,000 salary
- Monday - Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm.
- Overtime available + paid extra.
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Employer contributory pension scheme