|Job Ref:||204728801||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG car, pension, 25 days holiday||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:12|
For over 50 years my client has been at the forefront of food packaging technology.|
In an age of environmental awareness my client works alongside its customers to ensure the best equipment that suits their individual needs and production requirements.
Through continuous investment my client is able to make sure their packaging machinery remain the number one for food producers world-wide.
We are currently searching for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join the team based in Bristol. This role will also include some national and international travel.
Your duties will include;
* Installation and service tasks involving mechanical, electrical and electronics.
* Installation and commissioning of machines.
* Training customer and Distributor personnel.
* Assessment of maintenance needs and parts required to bring the machines up to a satisfactory performance level.
* Field diagnostics and rectification of electrical programming issues.
* Ensure correct software/programs are loaded/available on FSE laptops.
* Attend start up meetings for new machine orders and provide input in to practical considerations for machine performance efficiency.
* Attend exhibitions and site visits where necessary to provide technical and consultancy advice.
To be successful you will;
* Have a qualification in Electrical or Electro/Mechanical Engineering preferably a minimum of ONC/HNC
* Have a minimum of 3 years' experience working with packaging machinery or similar.
* Be able to work under pressure.
* Be able to understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
* Have an understanding and be able to troubleshoot machine related PLC programmes.
Please note that you will be expected to travel at short notice as well as be expected to work extended hours when project requirements demand it.
The salary is negotiable dependant on experience