|Job Ref:||204728810||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hull||Address:||Post Code:||HU2||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Control & Instrumentation Engineer to join a leading UK power station.|
Our client, located in East Yorkshire, is looking to recruit a Control & Instrumentation Engineer to work at its 1200MW combined cycle gas turbine cogeneration power plant.
The Control & Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for leading the control and instrumentation team, for the management of asset life specifically in relation to the control of instrumentation equipment and power plant control systems. Managing compliance and implementing best practice to deliver continuous improvement in plant reliability, availability and efficiency whilst minimising cost.
Additional key accountabilities of the Control & Instrumentation Engineer role include:
• Act as the lead on all control and instrumentation equipment and power plant control systems
• DCS maintenance and configuration, logic changes, troubleshooting DCS hardware problems, operator interface consoles, adding loops into DCS and related services and repairs
• Responsible for tuning systems controls for optimum unit performance
• Provide leadership, direction and supervision to the C&I technicians
• Manage contractor technicians performing in-plant control system repairs and upgrades
• Identify opportunities to improve all aspects of plant performance associated with the role
• Lead and implement plant modifications and engineering improvements either individually or through team work with other station staff
• Deliver compliance against legislation, O&M policy, principles, directives and procedures, and develop and implement local procedures where appropriate
• Develop inspection and maintenance strategies
• Manage budgets to forecast and lead the review and planning for O&M budgets.
You will hold an Engineering degree or equivalent, or be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience through similar level roles within a related process industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global energy company ranked among the world's leading energy companies. Worldwide, our client is present in more than 70 countries and employs over 150,000 people worldwide with achieved revenues of €69.9 billion.
Control & Instrumentation Engineer Job Reference Number: OLR11760
To apply for the Control & Instrumentation Engineer please click on the APPLY button below.
Please note unlike a traditional recruitment agency we guarantee that your application will be viewed by our client. It is a non-consultancy service and we manage the online applications on their behalf