|Job Ref:||204728936||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
We are an established yet rapidly growing design, development and manufacturing organisation who are currently seeking a Head of Production to undertake a key role supporting our further expansion. |
We are looking for a dynamic and focused Head of Production who reporting into the Managing Director can use their experiences and skills to take our production facilities to the next level. We are the market leaders due to the quality of our products, our innovation and our people. We are well funded for expansion.
Our current manufacturing process is in need of immediate review and you will have ample opportunity to utilise your skills to significantly impact process development. In addition, we will be moving to a new larger production site and you will be required to plan and deliver these new facilities.
Key processes to be considered are injection moulding, light mechanical assembly and automation.
There will be a focus on Lean / Continuous Improvement, quality and delivery of results, so will suit a driven individual who enjoys managing change and driving strategic and tactical initiatives across production.
Utilising your Production Management expertise you will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of the Production team encompassing resource management, planning and work flow control.
- Leading, developing and motivating the production team, looking at areas for multi-skilling, individual development and strong team working ethics.
- Identifying and driving forward continuous improvements within manufacture to increase quality, productivity and enhance existing manufacturing capabilities.
- Ensuring on time delivery of products to customer with premium quality standards.
- Scoping, planning and delivering the new production facilities
- Developing and implementing the production strategy
- HND/ Degree in an engineering or manufacturing discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent understanding of injection moulding and light assembly manufacturing within high volume mechanical industry.
- Green / Black belt and experience in deploying lean tools in a production environment
- MS Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of creating, tracking and driving departmental KPI's
- NPI / APQP / 8D
- Positive performance history with proven history of results achievement and demonstrated leadership competency
- Experience of LEAN techniques (including JIT, Kaizen, Kan Ban, etc.)
This will be a varied and key role with considerable scope for further advancement as we continue to expand. It will suit either an experienced Production Manager who is still hands on or a Senior Production Engineer seeking an opportunity to stamp their mark and really show what they can do.
Offering a highly competitive salary and benefits package which includes healthcare for you and the family with a discretionary bonus.
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003