|Job Ref:||204733123||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winsford||Address:||Post Code:||TA24||Salary:||£NEG Competitive + Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
As a Mechanical Engineer at our Defence Sector in Winsford, you will report to the Chief Engineer and be primarily responsible for providing flexible, robust, efficient and cost effective engineering support to equipment as part of an integrated team. Your role is part of an exciting and rapid expansion of the Rolls-Royce Distributed Generation Systems business where you will act as the Mechanical Engineering generalist. You will have clear visibility of the benefits which your work provides to our customers on a daily basis. |
Our busy Engineering team provides engineered solutions and technical support services for our Defence customers, both in the UK and overseas. As our business grows, there will be opportunities for new product development, supporting our vision to provide power solutions upon which the armed forces can rely. We specialise in providing electrical power systems for those away from the grid or on the move.
The business is in an exciting growth phase as our Engineering team complete the final design and validation of a new product for the British Army. Over the medium term we will be looking to develop new power generation technologies to support future sales campaigns, this allows you the opportunity to undertake a broad range of interesting challenges and have a clear influence on the future direction and technology strategy for the business.
To ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 17,000 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer options to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
* Provide flexible, robust, efficient, and cost effective engineering support to our products as part of an integrated team.
* Conduct failure analysis and sentencing of problems affecting in-service equipment, including equipment testing as required.
* Comprehensively report your findings and make recommendations for modifications to maintain capability, reduce costs or address safety concerns.
* Coordinate with delivery teams and provide direct liaison with customers to understand and resolve equipment support issues.
* Take the role of Lead Engineer to coordinate the activities of a multi-disciplined engineering team (both internal and third-party) engaged in new product / service design and development activity.
* Although the role is primarily office based, you may be required to travel both within the UK and overseas to provide direct technical support to our customers where required.
* A Mechanical Engineering degree and wide ranging practical experience is essential for this role.
* You will have experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
* Working towards Incorporated /Chartered Engineer status.
* Knowledge of CAD systems (e.g. AutoDesk suite). Ideally this would include experience in the use of Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics tools.
* Knowledge of sub 1MW power generation and distribution equipment would be an advantage.
* You will have the ability to work both independently and within cross-functional teams. You will be adaptable, flexible, and have a drive to acquire new skills.
* Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We create integrated power solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer