|Job Ref:||204725635||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
Assembly Process Engineer|
Our client is a leading tier one supplier to the automotive industry, due to continued growth and expansion they are looking for a number of skilled Assembly Process Engineers, to work alongside the engineering department. Part of your responsibility will be to improve existing manufacturing processes to achieve greater levels of quality, efficiency and cost reduction. You will also be expected to support the installation of new equipment into a new facility.
Scope of Position :
Increase company profitability and improve employee working conditions by studying, recommending and implementing changes to the manufacturing process.
Your internal "Customers" are Production, Quality and Maintenance;
Your internal "Suppliers" are Senior Engineers, Quality and Materials
Key Responsibilities :
* Responsible for quality issues on your facility
* Responsible for mentoring Operators and Maintenance to ensure your facility is kept to the original standard 4 hours every week
* Responsible for conducting risk assessments on equipment
* Responsible for updating setup and changeover instructions.
* Responsible for continuous improvements on new/existing equipment.
* Responsible for safety issues on the equipment.
* Responsible for time studies on manual processes and equipment.
* Responsible for updating Operator instructions.
* Responsible for updating Process Flow Diagrams.
* Responsible for updating PFMEA
* Responsible for updating packaging specifications
* Responsible for Saving and Achieving of Process Documentation.
* Responsible for reviewing the OEE data against equipment for cycle time and heads used verification every 6 months and review any discrepancies with the AGM / Plant Manager & Engineering Manager
* Gather OEE data for facilities every 1 months and review findings with Plant Manager, Engineering Manager and Production managers to prioritise improvement activity. Track top 3 priorities Bi weekly to show improvement
* Responsible for verify dummy parts for 1 facility per week
* Participate in continuous improvement program
* Work in a safe manner at all times
* Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts
* Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities
* Follow all Departmental General Procedures as well as procedures for this position as indicated in the level III Procedure manual.
* Follow all general procedures where applicable as indicated in the General Procedures section of the level III Procedure manual.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Work in compliance and conform to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards
* Key areas of Authority:
* Ensure that the objectives of the Business Plan are met in accordance with the framework of the company
* Follow company procedures and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook
* Stop any process where quality or safety issues are defined
Basic Recommended Requirements :
* College Diploma or University Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or Five years experience in a related field or discipline.
* Good knowledge of production reporting systems and MRP in an automotive manufacturing environment.
* Good knowledge of Government legislation in the areas of Health and Safety, Environment, Employment Standards, Fire code etc.
* Good Technical Report writing abilities.
* Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
* Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees.
* Good Computer skills in spreadsheets, data bases, word-processing and CAD
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)