|Job Ref:||204731502||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:11|
What`s the opportunity?|
Seeker Division requires a modeller to produce models of the seeker for a new development project aimed at two products. The model includes the seeker hardware, digital processing and target environment. The modelling team is responsible for developing the model, producing auto-code, generating seeker performance predictions and interfacing the seeker model into the missile dynamic reference model.
What will you be doing?
- Modelling in Matlab and Simulink using model-based design techniques
- Producing parts of a complex Seeker model including modelling the target scenario, seeker hardware and processor algorithms
- Opportunity to develop and implement algorithms within the model
- Producing and verifying auto-code for the software algorithms from the model
- Carrying out seeker performance assessment
- Producing a simpler representation of the model for use in the missile model
- Optionally updating the legacy Seeker model in Statemate
- Documenting the model changes and creating test vectors
What are the benefits of the role for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative concepts for future RF seekers. In addition to your core skills in modelling, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in RF seeker technologies and system engineering design practices.
- You will be involved in the design, development and proving of some of the key MBDA UK products. There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of cross-functional working, seeker testing and trials.
- A mixture of formal and on the job training will be available to introduce new concepts and build on existing skills and experience.
What`s great about joining this team?
- Seeker Division within MBDA are responsible for undertaking the systems design, performance evaluation, integration, design verification and certification of RF Seeker sub-systems and multi-mode seekers including a RF sub-mode. These activities provide a consistent systems engineering approach to all the stages of RF Seeker development from concept to in service support.
- RF Seeker Systems Engineers provide the main technical focus for RF Seeker sub-system developments and interface with internal and external customers and suppliers on technical issues.
- The design team have a proven track record in understanding and designing RF Seeker sub-systems to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:
Key skills and experience
- Experience in developing complex models in Simulink (including embedded Matlab)
- Experience in model verification, configuration control and model release process
- Modelling for auto-coding
- C/C++ programming (desirable)
- Statemate (desirable)
- FORTRAN (desirable)
- Desirable experience
- Aptitude for converting an algorithm into a Simulink model
- Familiarity with Radar and Control Systems
- Familiarity with Digital Signal Processing
- Algorithm development
In addition you will:
- Have a willingness to learn about the project, tools & methods
- Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
- Be able to work as a member of the team
- An ability to build good working relationships with team members and other functions
- Good communication skills
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)