|Job Ref:||204731507||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
What`s the opportunity?|
The principal security engineer will provide specialist information security support across programmes and pursuits within the Business, delivering effective information security solutions integrated within complex weapon information systems and sub-systems, providing documentation and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities within the programme context.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying security risks within complex weapon information systems, products and solutions and ensuring that those risks are addressed by the implementation and delivery of effective and balanced security measures.
- Assist in the timely integration of information assurance activities with system engineering, design, manufacturing and support programmes.
- Engaging with stakeholders, engineering teams and sub-contractors to provide direction, guidance and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions.
- Liaison with customers, accreditors and technical authorities.
- Contribution to, and conduct of, trade studies related to information security.
- Providing security documentation and evidence to meet MOD security accreditation requirements.
- Involvement in the entire systems engineering lifecycle of delivered weapon systems including specification of security requirements, development of security architectures, reviewing design and implementation, specification of verification requirements review of verification outputs and development of operational guidance.
- Contributing to corporate information assurance knowledge and capability and maintaining knowledge of technology development and implications for information security.
What are the benefits for you?
- You will be joining a team with a strong pedigree in the delivery of information assurance.
- You will be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military customers.
- Alongside core engineering projects you will also have the opportunity to conduct internally funded research packages.
- A variety in project work that will enable you to apply the breadth of your information assurance skillset and experience and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
- As information assurance develops across the company and on bilateral and multinational projects you will also have the opportunity to work internationally.
- MBDA also offers a comprehensive learning and development programme to enable the development of skills that support both technical delivery and broader professional development.
What`s great about joining this team?
- The MBDA Information Security Team works internationally delivering Information Assurance to a broad range of customers.
- Information security personnel are currently deployed across the full spectrum of MBDA projects.
- This diversity and our integration with other engineering disciplines provide a motivating and challenging working environment and a great opportunity to advance your career.
- The Information Security Team has members at both Bristol and Stevenage; it comprises a total of 7 Engineers with varying levels of experience and a diverse range of skills.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Knowledge and understanding of MOD and Government information security policy, standards and guidance.
- Knowledge and understanding of CESG CAPS and CPA processes and evaluations.
- Experience in generation of information security Risk Assessments, Risk Treatment Plans and Risk Management and Accreditation Documents.
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering, electronics principles, software technology and development principles.
- Information assurance experience across the Systems Engineering, Development Lifecycle would be preferred.
- Experience in the specification and development of effective and balanced information assurance solutions or approaches.
- Understanding of systems and security verification, validation, testing and evaluation approaches, including HMG Information Assurance schemes and processes.
- Experience of product / systems development environment.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work with limited day-to-day supervision, must know when to seek assistance.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt depending on audience
- Ability to discern the key technical, commercial, and programme influences from available 'noisy` information
- Ability to contribute to cost, schedule adherence, and technical performance trade-offs
- Systems thinker and systems engineering experience.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)