|Job Ref:||204731511||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
What is the opportunity?|
This is a great opportunity within the European leader of missile and missile systems for a security focused highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Software Systems Integration Engineer to join our Development Facilities in Stevenage. You will be part of a team delivering solutions for the next generation of advanced missile systems, both in the embedded missile and command and control domains.
What does the role entail?
- Performing integration activities between multiple software components and systems often with differing language and operating system implementations.
- Assessing security requirements and proposing solutions that deliver a cost-effective security solution. This may entail negotiation with systems and INFOSEC teams to ensure that security requirements are appropriate to complement the overall system need.
- You will be helping to integrate (and in some cases design and/or implement) software security solutions for the next generation of Missile Systems across multiple domains including embedded, command and control and mission planning systems.
- You will be required to co-ordinate integration and security-related activities across multiple subsystems and product variants in order to ensure the efficient delivery of security solutions into these areas.
- This is a hands-on role that requires a combination of both technical and organisational/inter-personal skills
- Whilst the key part of the role is integrating complex software solutions, you will be required to ensure that the appropriate process and rigour has been applied at all stages of the lifecycle to ensure compliance to security standards.
What are the benefits to you?
- This is an exciting role for someone with a passion for delivering complex and secure software solutions. You will be working with technology at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers rely on.
- Many of our products and components used in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
- Your skills will be developed through a mixture of project exposure and formal training.
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop software operating some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of enthusiastic experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very interesting and novel products.
Who and what we are looking for in you?
- Ideally you will have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Software and Systems Security, combined with experience in the development of cryptographic software solutions. You will have been responsible for the delivery of secure software solutions and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and within an international context. It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development. The solutions that you develop will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others is essential.
- You will be prepared to specialise in cyber-security implementation and integration, through both technical and on-the-job training.
- You will be prepared to contribute to the development of security architectures.
- You should be able to show capability in developing low-level code using appropriate languages, e.g. C, C++, Ada, and / or be able to direct others to do so.
- Ideally you will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of standards and guidelines such as CERT, IADN6 and MISRA would be desirable, as would experience of CAPS approval and hardware/ software penetration testing.
You will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Be capable of developing long term collaborative relationships with team members, and;
- Be able to use their and your knowledge and enthusiasm to produce high quality solutions in a timely manner.
- Developed Vetting (DV) clearance is desirable but not initially essential for this role.
Why should you come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- With some of the most sophisticated state of the art technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company. Innovation is a key factor in our success and with this in mind we are continually look to broaden our existing talent base in support of maintaining a strategic edge by exploiting new markets and new applications. Our success is also based on the enthusiasm and talent of our people and we strive to offer every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- The work we undertake is complex, challenging and novel It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What will you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)