|Job Ref:||204731513||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
What`s the opportunity?|
We are looking for a number of Embedded Software Design and Development Engineers to join our Stevenage team developing missile embedded software NA are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Embedded Software Design and Development Engineers to join our Development Facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. You will be part of the team developing solutions for the next generation of advanced missile systems, specifically in the missiles domain.
What will you be doing?
- You will be developing embedded, real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems
- This is a hands-on role and requires the continued design and development of missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products. You will be developing embedded software using SysML/UML and/or Matlab/Simulink, and targeting Ada, C++ and/or C languages
What are the benefits for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration, consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very interesting products.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- You will ideally have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with significant experience in the development of embedded software for COTS hardware. You will have been responsible for complex software solutions and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and with international colleagues. It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others are essential
- You will have extensive experience in model-based development - either using UML and tools such as IBM Rhapsody; or Matlab/Simulink
- Ideally you will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C would be desirable
- You will have significant previous experience with embedded Ada, C and/or C++. It would be desirable for you to have knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems and tools such as IBM Rational Team Concert
- It is desirable that you have, or can obtain, Developed Vetting (DV) UK Security Clearance.
You will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Be capable of developing long term collaborative relationships with team members, and;
- Be able to use their and your knowledge and enthusiasm to produce high quality products in a timely manner
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)