|Job Ref:||204731518||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum + International Expenses + 8% Pensio||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
Mechanical Design Engineer (Thermal Solutions)|
* £30k to £40k
* Expenses covered for International Travel
* Mobile & laptop
* Pension with up to 8% contribution
* Health and dental care
* Life Assurance
* Mon to Thurs 8.30am to 17.15 (Friday finish at 12.30pm)
Location: West Midlands
Currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join my client who is an industrial engineering group that designs & supplies machines, process equipment and production lines for the world's largest industries.
Located in over 15 countries and with over 4000 employees, as a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be employed for a well-known technologically advanced manufacturing group, who are experts in executing international projects. This company is part of a multi-billion Euro group and operates across the globe, as a result of recent successes and project wins, my client is now seeking a talented Mechanical Design Engineer.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Overall 70% of your time will be spent designing in 3D and 30% spent on 2D design
* You will produce 2D layout of special purpose machinery.
* This will require you to modify an old design and to increase the size, capacity, loadings etc.
* Once the contract has been awarded the main aspects of your design role will begin
* You will participate in an internal design review to discuss the project / contract, the size of the machine, to understand all aspects of the project be it mechanical & electrical and what the client requires
* You will layout the size of equipment and internal components.
* From there you will produce a 3D model and detailed 3D drawing of the entire furnace
An ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will be:
* Experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer from within a heavy industry / machinery background
* Minimum HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering, ideally a degree
* Experienced in a 3D Design package, ideally SolidWorks, AutoCAD or Autodesk Inventor - minimum requirement must be 3D design
* Highly organised, great attention to detail and excellent communication skills
The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will benefit from the following:
Progression into a Senior Design Engineers role within 5 years as well as supporting the development of Junior Mechanical Design Engineers. As a group business, there will also be the option to relocation to any one of their global sites.
To apply for this role please contact Zuber Moosa at ATA Recruitment on (Apply online only) or email your CV to