|Job Ref:||204731537||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:45|
What`s the opportunity?|
- This is a great opportunity within the European leader of missile and missile systems development for a software Verification and Validation Engineer to join our Development Facility in Bristol. You will be part of an independent team supporting the verification and validation of multiple products across the Air, Land and Sea domains.
What will you be doing?
- You will be testing (statically and dynamically) embedded, real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems
- This is a hands-on role and requires the continued test of missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products. You will be developing test approaches, scenarios and test instructions using in-house and bought-in tools and targeting Ada and/or C/C++ languages
- You will be involved in throughout the project life cycle to provide guidance and support in areas such as estimation, planning and reviews
- You will be constantly appraising the MBDA software testing approach to consider new approaches, automation, process and tools to ensure a robust and cost effective testing approach.
What are the benefits for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration, consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very interesting products.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- You will ideally have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with significant experience in the testing of software for COTS hardware. You will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and within an international context. It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development. The software that you test will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others are essential
- You will have experience of test tools and techniques in both host and target environments
- Ideally you will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C would be desirable
- You will have previous experience with testing embedded Ada and/or C/C++.
- Familiarity with the LDRA toolset would be an advantage
You will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Be capable of developing long term collaborative relationships with team members, and;
- Be able to use their and your knowledge and enthusiasm to produce high quality products in a timely manner
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- With some of the most sophisticated state of the art technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company. Innovation is a key factor in our success and with this in mind we are continually look to broaden our existing talent base in support of maintaining a strategic edge by exploiting new markets and new applications. Our success is also based on the enthusiasm and talent of our people and we strive to offer every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- The work we undertake is complex, challenging and novel It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)