|Job Ref:||204731551||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:46|
What`s the opportunity?|
There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast paced roles, in small teams, with high levels of delegated responsibility, to define and develop products and the associated technology plans for future products.
What will you be doing?
- Customer needs analysis / elicitation
- Develop concepts, under take trade studies
- Opportunities to own task packages, drive programmes, manage finances and interface with technology areas.
- Identify new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
- Support bids for future development
What are the benefits for you?
- Opportunity to network across the business, including Technology Functions, Sales & Business Development and Programmes
- Develop broad skill base, across technology and systems engineering
- Work across multi-faceted domains of technical engineering, technology and business skill bases.
- Help to shape the future opportunities for MBDA
What`s great about joining this team?
- The future systems teams are small and therefore each role is key to the overall success. We strive to develop individuals and to provide opportunities for people to own their own task packages and run the technical and business interfaces.
- The work is very diverse and therefore there is acceptance that individuals will need to develop the technology skill set, therefore placing more emphasis on an individual`s behaviours and potential. There is a lot of customer interfacing and helping to develop what the real needs are.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- A graduate or experienced engineer with a strong engineering or science background
- Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines of technology concepting, systems design and architecture, sub-system decomposition and functional allocation
- Experience of task package ownership and running technical programmes
- Ability to respond to customer requests; from generation of white papers through to formal bid submission
- Adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business; from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities