|Job Ref:||204731597||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Ellington||Address:||Post Code:||PE28||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:11|
Mick George has grown to become one of the leading suppliers to the construction industry across East Anglia and East Midlands.
Due to continued success and expansion, our busy engineering team is currently looking for a number of HGV (LGV) Fitters with various levels of experience to join their workshop in Ellington.
The ideal candidates must have experience in the servicing and maintenance of Heavy Goods Vehicles e.g. Scania, Volvo and DAF, with some Plant machinery.
About the Role
• Maintenance and servicing of fleet a fleet of HGV's and some plant machinery
• MOT preparation on vehicles
• Inspection of fleet every 6 weeks to ensure consistent smooth running
• To follow correct Health and Safety procedures at all times
• To ensure vehicle breakdowns and repairs are dealt with in line with company procedures
• To ensure appropriate paperwork is completed
Key Skills & Experience
• Possess sound knowledge of all HGV mechanical functions
• Ability diagnose problems effectively
• Work to MOT standards at all times
• Experience in the servicing of HGV's
• Experience in maintaining vehicles including PMI inspections
• Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role
• HGV Class 1 License (C+E) desirable but not essential.
• Candidates with supervisory experience advantageous