|Job Ref:||204731600||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:46|
What`s the opportunity?|
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Software Design & Development Engineer to join our Development Facility in Stevenage. You will be part of the team developing test and simulation solutions for the next generation of advanced missile systems.
What will you be doing?
- You will be providing technical support in developing simulation or test solution software architectures for supporting equipment in response to requirements for the next generation of Missile Systems.
- This is predominantly an advisory position, with some hands-on development, to produce applications that support initial verification of the architecture and to assist in the resolution of issues and design evolutions for future products.
- You will be providing evidence of compliance of the architecture to the requirements and defining the test approach for applications, with a particular focus on the strategy for regression testing (testing/verifying that changes do not compromise the functioning of the product).
- You will be supporting the generation of estimates for development of future applications and reporting on the progress of relevant aspects of development programmes.
What are the benefits for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- The test and simulation solutions for our products use components that have been developed as a result of strong international collaboration and are developed for use by other organisations within MBDA. Consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop software supporting the proving of some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very interesting products.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- You will ideally have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with significant experience in the development of software for off the shelf hardware. You will have been responsible for complex software solutions and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and with international colleagues. It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development. The software that you develop, or are involved in the development of, will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others are essential.
- You will have knowledge of interface standards (e.g. Ethernet, RS422) and the integration of products using these standards.
- Ideally you will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 would be desirable.
- You will have experience of C/C++ and it would be desirable for you to have knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems and tools.
You will demonstrate the following behaviours
- Be capable of developing long term collaborative relationships with team members.
- Be able to use their and your knowledge and enthusiasm to produce high quality products in a timely manner.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news, LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)