|Job Ref:||204731617||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:46|
Role Title and Location: RF/Microwave Engineer - Seeker Hardware|
Job Ref No: P6464
Directorate: Technical Directorate
MBDA Level of role: Level 4
Reports to: Integration Manager - Seeker Hardware
What`s the opportunity?
Opportunities exist in:
- RF/Microwave Design - developing seeker sub-system designs including developing test solutions.
- Antenna Design - developing seeker and datalink antenna design including anechoic chamber testing.
- System Integration - integrating RF/microwave seeker sub-systems including developing test solutions for the RF/microwave sub-systems in both development and production.
- Qualification Testing - specifying and developing test schemes to allow the qualification RF/microwave sub-systems when required.
- In Service Support - providing effective support to customers including assessing queries, investigating in service observations and analysing test information from customer returns related to the RF/microwave sub-systems.
What will you be doing?
- Design, develop and test microwave sub-modules and seekers and oversee their transition from concept through to series production.
- Carry out technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues.
- Produce and maintain design and test documentation associated with RF/microwave design, including design specifications, development test schedules, procurement specifications, test result sheets.
- Participate in design reviews including generating design data for reviews.
- Manage microwave suppliers and liaising with sales representatives including specifying RF/microwave parts required in designs.
- Provide plans including estimates related design activities, part costs, UPC estimates to support bid activities.
- Supply technical advice and support across projects and to other functions
What are the benefits for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements. You will gain experience in RF/microwave seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture. There will be opportunities for travel within the UK and abroad in support of seeker RF/microwave design and manufacture.
- A mixture of formal and on the job training will be available to introduce new concepts and build on existing skills and experience.
What`s great about joining this team?
- Seeker Division within MBDA are responsible for undertaking the systems design, performance evaluation, integration, design verification and certification of RF Seeker sub-systems and multi-mode seekers including a RF sub-mode. These activities provide a consistent systems engineering approach to all the stages of RF Seeker development from concept to in service support.
- Seeker RF/microwave engineers provide the design solutions to systems requirements, build and test these designs from concept to full scale production systems. They also interface with internal and external customers and suppliers on technical issues.
- The RF/microwave design team have a proven track record in understanding and developing RF/microwave sub-systems to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:-
Technical Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and experience gained in radar or microwave design and development
- Knowledge of microwave design tools e.g. Agilent ADS or HFSS
- Knowledge of microwave antennas and analogue electronic product design
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers
- Familiarity with radar and control systems and digital signal processing an advantage
- Ability to diagnose hardware problems using various methods; eg: visual inspection, data analysis in design and production phases
- Experience of working with other teams including systems and manufacturing
Other Skills and Experience
- Developed sense of commercial and financial awareness
- Ability to mentor and encourage less experienced staff by sharing knowledge
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Willingness to learn about projects, tools & methods
- Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
- Ability to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader when required
- Familiarity with project control and reporting an advantage
- Ability to manage small /medium value projects within RF/microwave design areas
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)