|Job Ref:||204731968||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Darlington||Address:||Post Code:||DL1||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:46|
Our client is a market leader in the field of Cable Protection Systems & SURF products within the offshore renewable and Oil & Gas sectors. They are currently looking to strengthen our project team with the additional appointment of a Mechanical Design Engineer, reporting to the Lead Engineer.
• Proficient in the use of Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD and associated control within Vault.
• Creation and checking of manufacturing and general assembly drawings.
• Analysis of mechanical systems using hand calculations and Finite Element techniques.
• Participate in reliability engineering studies (FMEA) to evaluate the design of components/assemblies.
• Evaluate design documents, diagrams, layouts, and drawings to be in compliance with customer
specifications, industry standards and company procedures.
• Assist in the production of procedures and technical documentation for the clients.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
• Possess a good understanding of engineering principles to deliver engineering design solutions.
• Experience of component/material selection.
• Hands on experience in product development, design, and structural analysis, combined with good knowledge of industry and regulatory codes in offshore industry.
• Able to identify and work with colleagues to develop innovative proposals for new work. Take ownership of design, manufacturing, testing and take appropriate corrective actions.
• Understand general manufacturing and work closely with the production team to ensure efficient
and cost effective production of the product.
• Subsea/Oil & Gas experience an advantage but not essential.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills