|Job Ref:||204732060||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:46|
TEST SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER - STEVENAGE - PERMANENT - UP TO £50K + EXCELLENT PACKAGE|
My client is a market leading manufacturer of technology for defence applications. Due to continued and sustained growth they are currently looking to add a Test Systems Architect to the Test Systems Team on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will have extensive experience in the design and development of complete Test Solutions. Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the products you must be able to obtain SC Clearance.
- The Test Systems team is tasked with supplying a full range of test solutions, from overall System test to Board test plus Simulators and Field Support equipment.
- This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical and leadership skills across a broad range of products.
- The multi-faceted role encompasses the leadership and conceptual design of Test Solutions which are then implemented by the integrated design teams.
- Research activities will also be undertaken to identify and introduce new technologies and techniques into the Solutions as appropriate.
Qualifications / Experience
- Significant and proven experience in similar roles, preferably in the defence industry.
- Substantial demonstrable experience of designing manual, semi-automated and fully computerised ATE [Automatic Test Equipment] using COTS and / or custom special to type based equipment.
- A broad technical knowledge of Test System architecture definitions, embracing Electronic, Mechanical and Software disciplines.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A good understanding of the design processes and best practices necessary to support the design and development lifecycle.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- The capability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- Familiarity and, preferably, the application of the software languages and tools used in automated test solutions (i.e. National Instruments CVI / LabView / Test Stand, MS Visual C++, C etc.)
- The pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver a quality product on time and to cost.
Stevenage, Bedford, Milton Keynes, London, Cambridge, Braintree, Luton, Aylesbury
Electronic, Test Systems, Design, Development, ATE, LabView, Test Stand, Mechanical, Software
For more information or to apply please contact;
Paul Randall NA
This position is being advertised by the recruitment agency Stream. Stream are experts in technical and commercial recruitment with a portfolio of jobs across Engineering, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Automotive, FMCG and Business Support