|Job Ref:||204732401||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Rugby||Address:||Post Code:||CV21||Salary:||£29 - £31/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:46|
We are looking to recruit on behalf of our client, an experienced Controls Hardware Engineer to join their existing team.|
• Ensuring compliance with relevant standards
• Ensuring compliance with project controls brochures which makes reference to PLC & safety area split, as sold content
• Understand the requirements for Controls Hardware, Fluids, Software design
• Designs, specifies and calculates the complete electrical controls installation
• Liasing with Project Engineers during design phase providing weekly status reports and completion dates for controls activities
• Ensuring the QAMM plan dates are achieved and all dedicated check list filled in accordingly (Quality Assurance Milestone Meter)
• Developing facilities service matrix (power consumption)
• Developing functional design specifications.
• Developing safety matrix
• Analysing risk assessment documents issued by Safety Engineer
• Generating the controls spares list by project
• Compiling Lessons Learned, Snag Lists and project CCARs to be reviewed for applicability
• Liasing with Change Management Team providing costs & technical solution for any Engineering Change Request, customer driven or internal cost of failure.
• Liasing with site team in order to update documentation "as built"
• Liasing with manufacturing team during design, assembly and installation phase ensuring customer and Comau specifications are followed
• Liasing with manufacturing and site team making sure revisions and kitting process runs smoothly for any changes that occurs (customer changes, cost of failures, "as built" updates)
• Following company's procedures of releasing drawings into manufactures and BOM's into Purchasing via PLM (Product Lifecycle Management tool - cloud based system)
• Maintain good relationship with mechanical & controls TL's providing technical feedback when needed (providing cabinets & junction boxes shapes & sizes for layout integration)
• Attending project reviews when needed supporting with up to date information
• Production of well organized electrical layout drawings, wiring schematics, cable runout,part lists , terminal diagrams (zero errors strategy)
• Liaise with Project Sales and Project Engineers during design phase
• Liaise with purchase departments to clarify any commercial items related issues
• Where necessary to develop special and new standard solutions to suit specific projects and new markets.
• Be prepared to support the controls teams on the customers sites as required to deliver the project within the agreed restraints.
• Close the project in a timely manner including producing all required documentation, making sure that final "as built" documentaion is available for Data Management as part of Customer Deliverable.
Person / Experience Required (KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE)
• Controls component knowledge
• Solid background of using ePLAN Electric P8 package
• Knowledge of industrial networks like Ethernet-IP,Profibus,Interbus,Profinet
• Knowledge of used technologies and equipment for Material Handling Systems
• Experienced in developing electrical design for industrial installations and low voltage installations.
• At least 5 years' experience with an automation background
• Experience in working with engineering tools such as Autocad
• Must have worked on Industrial Automation solutions preferrably within the BIW sector
• Proven background and history within project coordination, delivery, technical leadership and equipment commissioning.
• Be conversant and experienced with PLC & Robotic Systems
• Be conversant and experiencied with Motion Control Systems.
• Be conversant with Microsoft main stream software packages that must include MS Project.
• Strong communication skills at all levels.
• Demonstrable experience of problem solving & implementation of countermeasures.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
• Self-motivated and highly ambitious
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Be prepared if required to work within other Sectors of the Company's organization to support International projects and use of common standards.
• Minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering and have an appreciation of Mechanical / Robotic engineering.
• HNC / HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Knowledge of main stream joining technologies, such as spot welding, riveting and sealant
• Significant customer site working experience.
• Formal project management qualifications / experience preferred