|Job Ref:||204732508||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Salary:||£12.14 - £12.15/hour Shift Allowance||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:46|
Shift Operator (4 positions)|
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Salary: £12.14 PAYE + Shift Allowance
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Upto 5 Year Contract
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
The duties of an operator within the project are wide-ranging with both statutory and on-the-job training given in all aspects of the various operations prior to operators being authorised to carry out particular tasks.
* The duties include the following;
* Interact with internal and external customers for the recovery, delivery, receipt and process of radioactive waste to ensure that production targets and PBIs are achieved.
* Ensure that any maintenance requirements and equipment faults are reported promptly to a chargehand or team leader to reduce production downtime.
* Adhere to standing orders for shift operations, KSMR and SMRs, Safety Documentation and Local Working Instructions to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance.
* Ensure that a full and proper hand-over is completed on the completion of the shift and to remain in post until relieved or with the agreement of the shift manager leave the plant and equipment in a passively safe state.
* Use of mechanical lifting equipment, ie crane driving and slinging, to move remote handled intermediate level waste from one process area to another.
* Drive electric, petrol and diesel vehicles to maintain production.
* Operate and maintain Master Slave Manipulators to enable prompt and efficient handling of remote handled intermediate level waste.
* Operate Assay equipment and computer software to enable prompt and efficient handling of remote handled intermediate level waste.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, fabrication techniques, diagnostic and other equipment.
* Be familiar with the Emergency Instructions (EIs) for the facility, respond to each emergency situation and practice the procedures in a variety of roles throughout the year.
* Advise line management of any improvements to work practices which could be made to improve effectiveness, reduce radiation dose uptake, make the job easier, etc.
* Take advice from Health Physics staff where appropriate.
* Conduct radiological checks throughout the task in hand if appropriate.
* Assist and/or escort UKAEA and contract staff where appropriate in carrying out maintenance activities or commissioning activities within the Complex.
* Collect data, compile written and electronic records and complete necessary paperwork associated with the task being carried out.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
* Crane driver license,
* Fork lift truck license,
* Physically fit to wear respiratory protective equipment and be
* Classified radiation workers
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us