|Job Ref:||204732583||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Middlesbrough||Address:||Post Code:||TS3||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum plus company benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:46|
Our client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer at their site in the North East. My client are a market leading engineering consultancy within the Power Generation, Chemical, Renewables and Oil & Gas sectors. They are looking for an experienced Engineer to fill in the position of Project Engineer - Mechanical/Piping.|
The role requires a strong communicator with a background in the power or process sectors, who can interact and communicate effectively with colleagues/clients, taking ultimate responsibility for project delivery. From a technical perspective you should ideally possess a degree in Mechanical Engineering and deep knowledge of either mechanical plant such as pumps/tanks or piping/pipework as you will be expected to lead from the front in providing regular consultative advice.
To be eligible for this role, you should:
• Ideally be a Chartered / Professionally Certified Engineer with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Have extensive professional experience (5 - 10+ years as a guide), preferably within an operating company or major engineering contractor e.g. petrochemical, pharmaceutical, power, upstream or other heavy industry. Candidates with less than 10 years' experience, but who have a high degree of relevant industry experience, will also be considered.
• Appropriate academic and professional qualification, preferably to degree and chartered engineer level in a mechanical/piping associated discipline.
• Significant experience in the technical assurance of piping engineering and design activities.
• Excellent working knowledge of the engineering, specification, material selection, and design of high integrity pipework and pipeline systems used in a variety of industries, primarily; Process , Oil & Gas, and Energy.
• Excellent working knowledge of the Piping Codes & Standards commonly used throughout Europe. ASME B31 (B31.3, B31.4, B31.8) mandatory, other codes and standards (e.g. EN, DNV) an advantage. Ability to interpret Client Standards, and develop Internal and projects specific Piping Standards. Experience of pipeline codes and standards also beneficial, including IGEM.
• Fully conversant with the requirements of PED and PSSR. Experience of the production of written schemes of inspection for high integrity process systems.
• Experience of working in a multi-project/multi-disciplined environment, and throughout all 'front end' engineering and design phases of projects.
• Excellent working knowledge of piping layout, and the most appropriate selection of piping materials, seals, insulation, corrosion protection, mechanical support structures and foundations, for a wide range of piping and pipeline applications.
• Ideally capable of using AutoCAD, and perhaps SmartPlant. Fully experienced in the use of the MS Office suite.
• Proficient at preparing and checking related piping deliverables; Process Line List, Material Take-Off Lists, Piping Supports, Drawings, Datasheets, etc.
• Proficient at issuing deliverables in line with the Project Programme and/or CTR's.
• Understand the concept of earned-value relating to the production of engineering and design deliverables.
• Customer minded, with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Motivated, well organised and, ideally, capable of coordinating and mentoring a multi-skilled piping design team.
• Responsible and Accountable for execution of all piping engineering and design activities, in compliance with applicable procedures, and including HSEQ requirements.
• Intuitive appreciation of P&IDs and understanding of other process engineering documents.
• Experienced at interpreting pipe stress calculations
• Some pressure vessel design experience would be an advantage
• Experienced at completing Site Surveys, attending Design Reviews/HAZOPs, as necessary.
• High level of Occupational HSE Awareness, and an understanding of the process safety requirements associated with high integrity/high pressure piping/high risk process fluids.
• A good command of spoken and written English is required to meet the needs of our Clients