|Job Ref:||160003EH||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:03|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
• Supports a specific finance system as the business unit or functional subject matter expert and/or system administrator; responsible for the maintenance of a critical finance system.
• Understands financial, accounting, and treasury concepts and applies them to finance systems.
• Collaborates with finance leaders and subject matter experts within the business unit or organization to support information needs of the business.
• Identifies and leads finance systems improvement projects within the business unit or corporate function that they support.
• Partners with Information Technology teams and project management specialists to develop, test and deliver Finance Systems solutions.
• Assists end-users in developing customized reports and ad hoc analysis.
• Identifies, evaluates and documents internal controls in a business process; understands the company's approach to internal controls.
• Trains end-users in order to expedite adoption of new system solutions.
• Coaches and mentors finance systems analysts.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in accounting, finance, information systems or related subject required. Strong MS Office skills, in particular Excel or Access, is preferred.
• Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
• Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Financials/ERP, and/or Hyperion applications or similar reporting platforms is preferred.
• This position will be responsible for working with BOLT module leads in helping to support several expanding initiatives within BOLT such as BTPM deliverable tracking and reporting, data quality improvements and the potential expansion of current module capabilities such as Advanced Collections and Credit Management.
• Specific responsibilities may include any of the following:
• Lead efforts in working with sites to clean/correct certain data elements within their current systems before converting to BOLT.
• Lead efforts in tracking and reporting on select BTPM deliverables required for the BOLT Solutions team.
• Work closely with the AR module lead and CBS AR to identify any potential new requirements for Advanced Collections.
• Work closely with the AR module lead and Corporate Credit to identify requirements for potential new capabilities within BOLT for Credit Management.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .