|Job Ref:||204730042||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Based near Bedford||Address:||Salary:||£32000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:05|
Plant Hire Category Buyer|
12-18 months contract with the potential to become permanent
The role of Category Buyer is to work closely with the Category Manager and or Category Lead to develop sourcing strategies and category management of goods and services
The categories are broadly small tools and general Construction plant including but not limited to..
The company hire all of the above, so knowledge of CPA would be essential.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Run RFI/RFP events; negotiate with suppliers/service providers. Develop comprehensive rate structures alongside thorough and robust contracts and framework agreements. Prepare associated documentation for communication.
• Manage both existing & future supplier relationships & contracts. Hold regular structured Service Level Agreement meetings with Suppliers & Service Providers.
• Investigate, develop and instigate framework agreement improvements, to create lasting benefits to the business. Use key skills required in selection and appointment of supply chain.
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies, include significant elements of the category management process to ensure risks are mitigated and opportunities realised, ensuring all suppliers/subcontractors identify and can meet policies and accreditations.
• Draft, negotiate and agree clear concise and complete contractual documentation which identifies roles and responsibilities.
• Identify and agree value and risk with third parties. Plan the negotiating strategy, utilising leverage, risk and developing options to close a contract successfully. Use a wide range of influencing styles in order to execute negotiations with third parties.
• Utilise and where necessary develop robust contract management and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) systems. Assessing contractual compliance of both parties, establishing appropriate and effective key performance indicators, managing any disputes in an effective manner and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Monitor the market and bench mark costs.
• Ensure a balance between cost, service and risk, whilst developing a category and sourcing strategy and policy for specific spend areas, gather data, consult with stakeholders and identify the business needs through detailed source plans.
• Deliver defined savings through an impartial but effective supplier management strategy and contract negotiation. Whilst implementing the category strategy actively measuring performance against agreed key performance indicators and service level agreements.
• Through internal consultation across different operating divisions, promote best practise, offer continuous improvement and provide expertise and knowledge for category users.
Other Key Activities:
• Clearly articulate and implement the category management process, and actively seek feedback to enhance continual improvements.
• Consolidate spend through a Preferred Supply Chain network whilst implementing category management techniques.
• Represent Group Procurement whilst working with stakeholders to build trust and confidence in the delivery of objectives.
• Provide detailed management information to the Category Manager to allow accurate tracking of benefits.
Business Development Strategy
• Implement supply chain development strategies, in line with declared objectives.
• Develop quarterly meeting schedules with allocated product suppliers to review KPIs, service, support and product development criteria.
• Notify the Category Manager of any deficiency in any category and agree remedial action. Where necessary notify other Regional Supply chain Managers of concerns for monitoring. Obtain feedback from all regions to assist in preparation of the review meetings.
• Review risk analysis for each allocated product as necessary and implement avoidance measures if required.
• Execute supplier development programmes within an agreed framework.
• Participate in the development of purchasing methods, tools and techniques that enhance the performance of the supply chain process within.
Key skills required:
Experience of Procurement techniques and or a Category Management environment.
A basic understanding of Category Management tools and techniques.
Detailed understanding of supply chain management principles or similar experience.
Evidential experience and track record of 'best in class' supply chain delivery in a similar role within a complex organisational structure and having demonstrable experience of significant cost-savings
Strong negotiation skills, and an experienced within a procurement environment with experience of group frameworks with suppliers and service providers nationally including SRM skills at a variety of senior level stakeholders such as departmental leads and business heads.
Possess a procurement, supply chain management or category management background within a large business that has a track record of achieving measurable procurement results