|Job Ref:||204731606||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Warwick||Address:||Post Code:||CV34||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum car or allowance||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:05|
A family owned specialist ceilings and partitions contractor based in the West Midlands are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to bring their experience, knowledge, expertise and passion to this thriving business. |
The company are growing and looking to double their turnover in the next couple of years and with that comes the need to add a Quantity Surveyor to the close knit team.
Based in Warwickshire the company work with a number of large main contractors on projects such as education, hospitals, hotels and commercial new builds and refurbs.
The majority of the work is in the Midlands and this allows the company to focus on the quality that mean they win a lot of repeat business.
The owner of the company has been in the industry for 30 years and is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work closely with the current QS and estimator, as this is a crucial role for the business he is looking to take on the right person with the right attitude.
Projects size are on average around £(Apply online only)k
- As the Quantity Surveyor you will be running the commercial aspects of a number of live jobs
- You will be required to walk sites, measuring the jobs and submitting valuation formula
- Log any variations or changes to the design/specification
- Submitting final accounts and working with the contractors commercial team
- You will Liaise with the Contracts and Site Managers to ensure that jobs are completed to a high standard, on time and on budget, you may also be required to project manager on occasions
- Predominately this is an office based role but you will be required to make visits to sites
- Liaise with the clients and be able to speak with them in a confidence professional manner
- Aid with the Procure materials and labour when required
- Overall you will be responsible for the commercial management of a project to ensure that the job is commercially viable and make money for the business
- Ideally you will have experience as a Quantity Surveyor working for a similar contractor but other relevant fit out / refurb experience will be considered
- Knowledge of contractual law and experience with JCT and NEC contracts would be an advantage
- The company are looking for the right person with a mix of drive, passion to succeed and the same enthusiasm for quality.
- Be able to speak with main contractors and clients with authority and a high level of professionalism
- Excellent communication skills
- The company are looking for someone who is a real team players and able to be flexible when required.
- To work with one the leading sub contractors in the region and help the company grow, to become a part of their history an integral part of their future success and to enjoy all the advantageous this will bring.
Salary and Package:
- Based on experience but it will be on or above the market rate
- Car or car allowance (Mileage)
I have sat down with the company director and this is a wonderful opportunity for the right person and if you are interested in this role please apply.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Stephen Jordan, call today on (Apply online only) or email
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy