|Job Ref:||204735673||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Salford||Address:||Post Code:||OX7||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum car/allowance, pension, healthcare e||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:05|
Working with a leading top 10 contractor we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Planner.|
Due to a vast increase in work won, they now seek a Planner to focus on work across the Northern region, but based from their Manchester office. They operate across a number of sectors including commercial, industrial, education, healthcare, residential and leisure. Projects range in value but currently stand as high as £30m.
They seek an experienced individual who has a minimum 5 years' experience in the role and is comfortable on projects of circa typically £20m plus.
Main Purpose; To provide a timely, effective and professional planning service for tenders and projects within a specific division or allocated live project(s). To work on site or in the Office dealing with sub contractors, clients and consultants. Additionally be capable of leading a tender submission, effectively acting as the Bid Manager for a bid, being responsible for the timely delivery of the tender.
* Provide planning service for tenders, producing design, procurement, construction programmes and as built programmes.
* Be responsible for pricing the preliminaries, including prepare sub contractor enquiries such as scaffold and temporary electrics.
* Producing phasing diagrams and written method statements.
* Assist in the production of final tender submission documents.
* Regular monitor and update progress, including producing written reports.
* Leads programme-related meetings with either clients or sub-contractors.
* Input to value-engineering and looking for alternative methods and sequencing to provide.
* Lead a pre construction team to ensure deliverables are produced in a timely manner
Skills, Knowledge and Experience;
* Degree or HND qualified in construction-related discipline
* Relevant experience in a main contractor environment within the construction industry
* In-depth knowledge of the pre-construction and construction processes; from inception through consultant scheme, and detail design/production, procurement, shop drawings and approvals, lead-in and construction.
* Good knowledge of all forms of procurement and forms of Contract
* IT literate, knowledge of Asta power project
For more information please contact Kris Convery on NA