|Job Ref:||204736166||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:05|
The Document Controller will report to the Senior Design Manager. The successful applicant will be providing support on all of the projects and is responsible for the organisations documents. This post involves coordinating with the different departments within the organisation and ensuring that documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to all internal services. |
The Document Controller must ensure they check and approve documents before they are filed and liaise with internal and external agencies to ensure that documents contain correct, understandable and up-to-date information. The company uses the Buzzsaw document management system.
The Company is in a strong period of growth with several very large contracts currently underway. The company is specialised in building student accommodation and bespoke high end mixed use developments.
• Coordinate all activities related to the Document Control procedure, including technical documents and drawings.
• Input document data into the standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
• Generate the various document control reports as required.
• Support Project and Design Managers by ensuring that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable.
• Maintain updated records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution clearly.
• Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project.
Skills, qualities and experience required:
• Extremely organised with a keen eye for detail.
• Excellent multi-tasker; proactive with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
• Polite and professional manner.
• Understanding of the need for confidentiality and discretion.
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office suite, experience with Outlook is essential.
• Ability to use own initiative and work alone as well as part of a team.
• Enthusiasm and creativity.
• At least 2 years' experience in the same role or similar within a construction environment.
• Experience with Buzzsaw would be ideal but not essential if candidate has strong working knowledge of other document control systems