|Job Ref:||204736439||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:05|
Position: Mid-Level Urban Planner|
Sector: Master planning , Urban Design
Location: Oxford Circus, London
Salary: £30k - £40K depending on experience
A leading international, multidisciplinary consultant with offices in London and throughout the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa, is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Urban Planner to work in its London Design office. Though the post is based in London, there are likely to be opportunities for frequent and potentially extended travel outside the UK.
The role will involve:
- Leading or working within a multidisciplinary team and coordinating the technical inputs of urban planners, urban designers, economists, transportation and infrastructure engineers, and landscape architects.
- Production of strategic and design-led spatial masterplans from a regional level down to settlement or site level and policy studies.
- Managing overseas projects and liaising with the company`s other design offices outside the UK.
- Writing and contributing to high quality reports, presentations and drawings and ensuring that they are submitted on time.
- Presenting to and liaising with clients through meetings and presentations and workshops.
- Management and preparation of tenders and project proposals.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior staff including urban planners, urban designers and interns.
- Quality control and checking of reports and documents.
Candidates should have:
- Preferably bachelor degree and a postgraduate degree/diploma in Planning.
- Excellent planning and presentation skills, initiative, motivation and teamwork spirit.
- Good knowledge of best urban planning and design practice and sustainable development and strong report writing abilities.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous work experience in the Gulf States and Middle East.
Benefits package includes:
- Salary uplift while working overseas
- Per diem payments while working overseas
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Discretionary performance related yearly bonus
The deadline for submission is Tuesday the 18th of October so for a confidential chat outside of work hours or at a time that suits you please call Dominic on NA or email your contact details to (Email Removed)