|Job Ref:||204732096||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brentwood||Address:||Post Code:||CM14||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:06|
ACR have an excellent opportunity for behalf of our client, a leading regeneration housing developer who work in partnership with public and private sector organisations to regenerate housing estates and secure the provision of mixed tenure and mixed use developments in urban locations across London.|
The company are seeking the services of an experienced Senior Buyer on a permanent basis to join the procurement team out of their regional office in Brentwood, Essex. The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall operation of the procurement team on a major scheme totalling 1300 units over several years.
* Procuring materials within budgets and timescale.
* Producing monthly budgetary control reports on all materials purchased for each site.
* Procuring and hiring plant required on site including cabins, forklifts, fencing, cranes and transport etc.
* Resolving disputes between suppliers and the company.
* Resolving account queries with suppliers that the accounts department have failed to resolve through normal procedures.
* Procuring PPE.
* Attend and report on procurement at each site monthly progress meeting.
* Required to on occasion take off material quantities from drawings and produce schedule of rates from which to procure.
* Assist the Estimating department with obtaining pre tender quotations and resolving material specification issues.
* Ensure compliance with ISO9000 & ISO14001 policies.
* Procure customer care related materials.
Applicants will be expected to have:
* Knowledge of current pricing levels
* Sound knowledge of construction techniques, building standards, environmental and disability standards.
* Good negotiating skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Sound knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
* Computer literacy and numeracy skills.
This is an outstanding opportunity for any capable Senior Buyer to join a company with an ever increasing pipeline of housing schemes in the Essex area. The company can also offer a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package.
To discuss in any further detail then please do not hesitate in contacting Francisco on (Apply online only) / (Apply online only) or apply below