|Job Ref:||204732854||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £55000/annum + Competitive Package||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:06|
Leading national civil engineering contractors in the North West are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work on a large project within AMP6 Framework.
This project will run over the next year with a number of other projects starting within the region there after.
This owner operated Civil Engineering Company has grown dramatically in recent years and has multiple divisions within the civil engineering sector. They currently are working on a number of large projects within the AMP6 Framework, and are looking to secure more work within the Framework.
Working on large scale infrastructure project within the Lancashire region you will manage all costing from conception to the completion of the final account. You will be in charge of minimizing any cost on the project while achieving the highest standard and quality.
This role will require you working on various sites across the North West. Throughout the duration of the project you will be in charge of all variations to the contract which will effect costs and create reports to show the profitability of the project.
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with
the architect and/or the client;
• Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility
• Performing risk, value management and cost control;
• Advising on procurement strategy;
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
• Allocating work to subcontractors;
• Providing advice on contractual claims;
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
Minimum 2 years post graduate experience within the civil sector