|Job Ref:||204735224||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Wellingborough||Address:||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:15|
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist the civils and operations teams with current projects and designs.
• To produce calculations in support of design using manual and computer based methods i.e. Excel spread sheets and CAD etc
• To carry out detailed site surveys.
• To attend site meetings regarding the project as requested by Line Management.
• To give technical advice to line management in preparing a tender(s).
• To maintain the project register and jobs files in accordance with the companies policies and procedures.
• Programming and planning works
• Checking plans, drawings and calculations
• Managing, monitoring and interpreting contract documents
• Resolving technical difficulties and monitoring quality
• Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures
• Managing contract documentation.
• Interpreting contract designs documents.
• Liaising with client / engineers and ensuring compliance with necessary regulations. Ensuring quality in line with specifications
Qualifications / Experience
Candidates must have completed a degree in a civil, structural engineering or project management degree. In addition candidates must be able to demonstrate, from their studies/work experience, the following skills and competencies:
• Strong technical knowledge within a civil or structural engineering discipline
• Experience of CAD is essential and WinDes and MX pro would be an advantage
• Strong analysis, judgement and problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Flexibility in approach to work and the ability to work within a team environment
• Self-starter/high energy levels
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate technical issues confidently
• Appreciation of, and attention to, customer/stakeholder needs and expectations