|Job Ref:||204738510||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:06|
Working within a small team for an established North West house builder, the principle purpose of the role will be the provision of engineering and technical support to a variety of developments throughout the design and construction process. |
• Commission site surveys and reports from external consultants and the design team.
• Attend and contribute to design team, engineering, pre-start and site progress meetings as required for each development.
• Review and check design solutions for road and sewers, foundations, drainage and proposed levels etc. for technical approval submissions and procurement packages.
• Ensure all design solutions are the most cost effective and practical and comply with planning, building regulations and NHBC/LABC standards.
• Identify, procure and co-ordinate services/utilities removal/diversion/provision requirements from initial feasibility to order placement/initial call-off including provision of the site services pack at the pre-start hand-over meeting.
• Co-ordinate remediation strategy and MMP approvals, EHO and NHBC/LABC conditions sign-offs and validation/verification reports.
• Co-ordinate and manage all aspects of NHBC/LABC building control and warranty provision, and monitor compliance/discharge for CML deadlines.
• Collate and issue tender, construction and pre-start drawing packages to the required timescales for the programmed start on site.
• Secure technical approval for S38/278 roads and S104 sewers adoptions where required and co-ordinate the bonds through to adoption including POS adoption/transfers and the handover of management companies where necessary.
• Arranging inspections with the relevant authorities and subcontractors to progress adoptions as required.
• Ensure legal title checks and estate boundary approval/deed plans are completed in time and setting out information/drawings for each plot are available, performing on-site checks (use of total-station theodolite and levelling equipment is an advantage) as required for each development.
• Undertake regular site visits and check that the works carried out comply with the drawings, specifications and are to the required standards and that any testing or validation criteria has been satisfied.
• Any other duties as required by your line manager
The ideal candidate will have experience gained within a similar environment together with relevant academic and/or professional qualifications. You will be highly organised and familiar with co-ordinating multiple developments simultaneously. Good communication, proficiency with IT (AutoCad LT essential) and attention to detail are skills you will possess in addition to being self motivated and a team player.
If you think you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on (Apply online only) for more information