|Job Ref:||204734180||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Borehamwood||Address:||Post Code:||WD6||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum package||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:06|
Are you a Senior Buyer seeking a new opportunity?|
This is a great opportunity to join very reputable Main Contractor based in London with a very strong pipeline of work all over London and home counties.
You will be responsible for heading up the Materials Buying department for the London region while managing 2 other buyers.
Role paying anything from £50,000 - £60,000 + Travel/Car Allowance + Package
Responsibilities and Experience:
* Take off materials from working drawings & prepare schedules for site call off.
* Producing End of Life budget costs
* General Procurement process - enquiry/comparison
* Manage the quotation pipeline for all works undertaken as a business
* Utilise best practice tools and processes, including the use of technology, to benchmark and produce customer estimates/quotations
* Undertake costs analysis working with Trade Partners and Customers to achieve a speedy resolution to any queries that are raised
* Constant contact with suppliers directly to obtain information when needed
* Providing cost advice to the client on variations
* Maintain accurate paperwork and data
* Support the business aims to move to a rapid turnaround of quotations using pre-established templates
* Understand health and safety regulations
* Build strong relationships with Customers, Trade Partners and our Suppliers
* 8-10 years+ experience working as Senior Buyer position in the UK
* An excellent approach to work and professional outlook on the construction industry
* COINs experience
* Knowledge of Masonry support systems
* House Building Knowledge CfSH, SBD, Life Time Homes etc
* Familiar with clients ER's.
* Commercially aware - market rate of materials
* Strong references
* Computer literate
* Main contractor experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Solid commercial acumen
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent
This opportunity offers the right person the chance to join a superb company with great benefits. If you are a Senior Buyer with experience within construction, house building or property development please look no further and apply now.
If you are interested then please apply or please feel free to contact Aaron Weintraub on (Apply online only) for a confidential chat
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business