|Job Ref:||204734165||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:37|
Role: Engineering/Design Manager|
Kier Living South West are looking for Pre Construction Manager to join our Technical Team from our office in Exeter or Truro.
Our technical team are looking for candidates who have experience in engineering, design or both.
* Work closely with Business Development and Estimating team to maintain a knowledge and understanding of all upcoming sites (Land bids, PQQs and Tenders).
* Be cognisant of required site start dates in line with the current Business Plan and manage projects accordingly and take direct responsibility for the management and delivery of more complex planning applications where required.
* Thoroughly review all layout / design proposals and optimise / correct / amend where necessary
* Liaise with Technical Manager to ensure that value engineering opportunities are maximised on all schemes
* Consult with Technical Manager to ensure that all known / anticipated constraints are incorporated in to layout proposals
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with appointed architects, consultants and other specialists. Demonstrate business objectives and culture through personal actions
* Monitor legislative and regulatory changes and ensure they are communicated throughout the team.
* Encourage a culture within the team of improving upon targets, developing contingency plans, whilst maintaining open and honest feedback on performance of individual site strategies.
* Produce summary report for director to be able to prepare management reports.
* Set targets for team members to include increasing levels of efficiency and output toward meeting business objectives.
* Ensure that good relationships are maintained, promoted and developed with all who are involved in the process.
* Manage and improve poor performance by remaining visible and approachable. Maintain direct responsibility for allocated staff
* Coach / Guide and develop staff to ensure they can fulfil their role profiles and review training requirements for staff and propose / agree any training sessions with director.
* Visit all sites prior to commissioning any appraisal or planning-related design work.
* Ensure team is aware of the standing orders and approval limits.
* Demonstrate a strong commercial commitment to maximising profit by optimising development densities
* Identify and manage risk within projects.
* Work closely with management team to ensure a flow of new sites into the business, to the required margins, and commencing operations as forecast.
* Prepare and maintain technical fee budgets and manage works within agreed budgets.
* Monitor and advise on cash flow for technical / infrastructure spend for the projects under manager control