|Job Ref:||204733848||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Merseyside||Address:||Post Code:||CH42||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:37|
Senior Project Manager|
Kier Construction Northern is looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager, who will report to the Operations Manager. The successful post-holder will be responsible for responsible for multiple / individual project deliveries in relation to performance both financially and in line with contract requirements. The initial project will be a £40m healthcare scheme.
* Lead the planning and implementation of designated projects
* Establish a project plan from inception to completion taking into account all relevant statutory and client requirements, establish targets with respect to project delivery; monitor and report on progress against these targets.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects including management and delivery of project milestones
* Effectively manage and maintain appropriate budget costa achieving targets
* Manage the decision making process by carrying out all necessary liaison and negotiations with all parties involved ensuring value for money
* Carry out contract administration including financial management, liaising with external consultants where employed
* Produce the Contract Programme, short term programmes, as built programmes and monitor / report progress as required.
* Resolve technical problems ensuring work is carried out to the correct specification and QA standards.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
* Relevant qualifications and experience as a Project Manager
* Full understanding of current Health & Safety Legislation
* Knowledge and experience of partnering and target cost framework contracts
* Sound judgement and problem solving skills
* Commercial and contractual awareness
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer