|Job Ref:||204733530||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lanarkshire||City:||Stepps||Address:||Post Code:||G33||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:07|
Senior Quantity Surveyor|
Location - Glasgow/ Stepps
Salary up to £60k per annum plus benefits DoE
With offices based throughout the UK, Edgar Stewart's Client is successfully delivering projects for public and private sector clients on an international level. They have a proven track record consulting, delivering and managing critical human infrastructure projects within water and energy. They stand out as they have the ability to support the complete life cycle of their clients' assets - from early involvement in projects and programmes, to design, build and asset management.
Due to a major project win with Scottish Water they currently seek a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be based in their Glasgow offices.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be working within the commercial management team, responsible for project administration in accordance with the Contract and all commercial aspects of the project from Scottish Water handover through to the end of the Defects Period. You will have responsibility for the timely production of accurate expenditure forecasts, monthly project cost and value reports, including subcontractor account management, forecast outturn cost (latest best estimates). Knowledge of ECC NEC contracts, programme critical path analysis and earned value reporting.
* The management of project reporting and the provision of information for KPI reporting including the timely production of accurate expenditure forecasts, monthly project cost and value reports, change and risk registers, together with forecast outturn position (latest best estimates).
* Proven track record in being able to manage subcontractor set up and accounts and to develop strong working relationships
* Experienced in budget and cost loading of project programmes and earned value management.
* The ability to communicate to the wider project team to highlight issues / risks that may impact project timescales.
* Interface with delivery team and supply chain in design and project issues.
* Attendance and reporting at monthly project meetings
* The completion of staff assessment and development requirements
* Working with senior management to find ways to improve project execution
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate the following:
* Experience of civil engineering sector on wastewater infrastructure related projects
* Experienced in the commercial management and administration of projects throughout Capex 2 - Capex 6 phases of projects
* Experience in basic civil engineering estimating / quotation development from first principles
* Experience in earned value analysis/reporting
* Experience in risk identification and its management
* A good level of IT literacy (MS Office suite of projects)
* A clean driving License (no more than 3 points)
Candidates with experience of working on waste water projects will be considered highly desirable.
In return Our Client is offering long-term career prospects coupled with a salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then please send your cv or apply through our website