|Job Ref:||204733427||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wallsend||Address:||Post Code:||NE28||Salary:||£34000/annum Package, Negotiable||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:07|
My client are a leading contractor in the north east who work on a variety of projects which include, retail, offices, residential and healthcare, they are a well-known contractor who have a reputation for excellence and gain a lot of repeat business due to this.|
Due to recent growth they are now looking for a site engineer to join them on a permanent basis, as the successful engineer you will ensure all setting out and technical issues are carried out in consistent and specific manner.
You will liaise with the technical manager and design team on a daily basis ensuring any issues are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner to ensure there is minimum disruption to the project.
Other duties will include but not limited to:
* Set out, level and survey the site;
* Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
* Oversee the selection and requisition of materials and plant;
* Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
* Communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors);
* Day-to-day management of the site
* Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
* Ensure all employees are carrying out works as per drawings and specification
* Ensure Quality Procedure / Check sheets are completed for concrete works, drainage, paving tarmac etc.
* Ensure subcontractors are managed on site to enable them to work effectively, therefore ensuring that no additional costs are incurred
* Order materials (kerbs, drainage and channels, reinforcing steel, etc)
* Liaise with Site Supervisor and Construction / Works Manager with regard labour and plant requirements to meet master programme
* In conjunction with Site Foreman, collate day works and site instructions to ensure agreements in principal of extra works being carried out on a weekly basis
In return we are offering a competitive salary and an opportunity to join an excellent firm in the North East who will allow you to grow and further your career.
Ideally you will have a couple of years' experience within engineering, hold a construction related qualification and hold a full CSCS card.
If you are interested in further information about this role, please click to apply or contact Ruth Penrose directly on (Apply online only).
Alternatively, if this role is not quite right for you please do not hesitate to get in contact with me, we have other opportunities which may be of interest.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within five working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities