|Job Ref:||204733146||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Devon||Address:||Post Code:||EX13||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:07|
Kier living are looking for a Construction Manager to be part of the Construction function at Management level contributing to the overall business unit, strategy and vision.
* Work in conjunction with the Site Manager to ensure construction is consistently carried out to the highest quality.
* Review progress on site on a regular basis and oversee/co-ordinate the production and monitoring of programmes.
* Provide advice, guidance and support to the Project Team, both during the pre-construction and construction phases
* Ensure efficient filing and recording systems are in place, and that the records are retained for the appropriate time period.
* Ensure labour, materials, relevant information and drawings are available in good time, with regular monitoring and control meetings to review.
* Ensure Customer Journey procedure is followed by the project teams and quality and delivery times are in line with current QR forecast.
* Review individuals progress against their Action Plan on a regular basis. Ensure the 1:1 process is implemented through your teams
* Ensure communication to all team members is clear, regular and consistent
* With your Operations Director, plan and allocate appropriate people to each contract in line with prelims.
* Deputise for the Operations Director when required
* If requested, assist in the selection, interview and make recommendations for candidates for employment
* Assess and recommend the learning and development needs of production employees
* Promote possibilities of repeat work with customer and clients
* Represent the business at external and internal functions
* Ensure the customer journey process is followed.
* Promote the 'Exceeding Expectations' approach within the business
* Work proactively with Sales to deliver our show complexes on time.
* Produce and circulate Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan. Ensure regular review to maintain adherence to safety procedures
* Set the standard, promote best practice and lead the way with safety, ensure compliance.
* Communicate areas of non compliance or concern.
* Implement current waste strategy across all developments.
* Support the Project team in exceeding Considerate Constructor standards
* Advise your Operations Director if you become aware of any new activities and provide support where possible
* Procurement: Be proactive in the selection of sub-contractors.
* Responsible for reviewing and recording any delays or disruption to the project with the Site Team against programme.
* Understand and influence the financial status of the project focused on the site file.
* Produce the maximum return to the company of all developments without compromising contract, legal, quality or safety and customer service.
* Review and manage working progress in line with QR programmes and sales status