|Job Ref:||204737921||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South East London||Address:||Salary:||£220 - £260/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:07|
Our client is one are a Top contractor who specialise in new build, fit out and refurbishment projects in London. The company is actively looking for a Construction Manager to work on a new build / refurb of number of student accommodation blocks over an 11 month period in South East London. The 1st phase will commence on a 4 storey block which is due for completion in September 2017.|
The ideal candidate will come from a strong trade background in the construction sector, having worked their way up into management level. As Construction Manager, you will be reporting directly into the Visiting Contracts Manager and oversee a team of 2 Site Supervisors / Sub Contractors.
- Responsible for the day to day construction on site reporting into a Contracts Manager.
- Managing, directing and coordinating internal project team
- Programming works.
- Coordination of subcontractors.
- Solving technical issues on-site.
- Design coordination.
- Labour control.
- Enforcing health and safety.
- Attending Client / Technical Team meetings.
- Quality control, testing and inspection plans.
- Coordination of internal production, commercial and administration teams.
- Liaison with design team and specialist consultants.
- Experience of operating as a Number 1 on site on projects in excess of £6m reporting into a visiting Contracts Manager
- Versatile subcontractor management experience. Comfortable managing subcontractor from groundworks stage through to fit out
- The successful candidate will have acted as Construction Manager / Senior Site Manager on their last 2 construction projects.
- SMSTS, CSCS & First Aid essential.
If you fit this criteria and are interested in the vacancy, please send your CV for the attention of James Di Angelo at UKL Group