|Job Ref:||204737861||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum Pension, Healthcare, Car Allowance||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:07|
Design Manager - London - £Excellent|
This FTSE 250 group and one of the foremost providers of construction services in the UK is looking for an intermediate Design Manager to join their team based out of their Central London office. The company work on a wide range of schemes in the public and private sectors working on schemes across education, health, residential and commercial projects with values ranging up to £1b in value.
You will be required to manage the design of projects from tender stage through to the completion of the construction phase as well as be expected to run projects valued at £5m personally.
• To develop innovative and cost effective design solutions alongside the design team
• Apply value engineering principles to ensure the best value for all parties
• Ensure an effective construction phase by applying an understanding of site management
• Assist with the Bid Management from primary enquiry to award of contract
• Manage the design team through the tender and construction period as well as arrange and attend design team meetings
• Develop relationships with new clients during concept stages as well as manage expectations and maintain existing client relationships
• Work alongside the preconstruction and project team in order to oversee the subcontract enquiries to subcontractor design packages
• Attend contractor selection interviews
• Carry out the post contract design management and carry out/oversee the design coordinator on site
• Review the design on an ongoing basis, identifying any potential problems and resolving these issues with the design team and specialist subcontractors where necessary
On top of working for one of the UK's foremost providers of construction services, you will also receive a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package