|Job Ref:||204731348||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£29000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:08|
HQ4065 Electrician |
Salary: £29,000 to £30,000
An opportunity has become available for a competent Electrician in the Southampton area. The successful candidate will join an expanding international market leader.
To arrange electrical systems and to make sure that they are safe whilst operating within their designed capacity and complying with BS7671 17th edition of the wiring regulations.
Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged.
* Report to directly Site Manager
* Fitting/changing/converting new and existing units
* Examination , Testing and authorization in compliance with BS7671 17th edition wiring regulations
* Planning other product related tasks
* Fault finding in tool and plant failure and the reporting thereof
* Communicate findings effectively with different departments for remedial works via MAR/TAR
* Guarantee all treatment and auxiliary equipment is maintained to the required standard of the maintenance plan
* To promote excellent H&S practices.
* Conduct a regular risk assessment of all machinery and equipment, with competent personnel assigned against defined actions.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
* Must hold relevant electro technical qualifications in electrical installation work
* Must hold 17th edition requirements for electrical installations
* Must hold City & Guilds 2391-10 or 2394/5 in inspection and testing qualification, or equivalent
* Must have completed a recognized electrical apprenticeship
* Qualification in Portable Appliance Testing
* Previous working experience within the product hire market, preferably portable accommodation
* High level of motivation, dynamism, and initiative; entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
* Desire to lead, influence and coach others
* Good team player
* Strong work ethic; self-starter; results orientated
* Good ability to plan and anticipate
* Ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation
* Good communication and relationship building skills
Salary ranges between £29,000 and £30,000 and can be boosted by regular overtime opportunities.
The Electrician will work 40-hour weeks and starts at 08h30am and finish at 16h30.
In addition to a guaranteed base salary and regular overtime opportunities, benefits include:
20 days' holiday plus bank holidays
Government pension scheme
Due to the high response received for some vacancies and time required to assess each application, we regret we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, by keeping your details on our system, we will be able to notify you immediately of other opportunities