|Job Ref:||204738489||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Bonus, Pension||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:25|
Technical Audience Editor Copywriter |
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Technical Audience Editor Copywriter. This is a contract role until June 2017 based in Reading.
We are looking for a seasoned editor and copywriting specialist to join the Central Marketing Organisation (CMO) in the Technical Audience Editor role.
The CMO is a newly merged field marketing team with a wider marketing remit, which includes both Commercial and Consumer accountability and marketing excellence. The CMO leader is responsible for bringing the modern marketing vision to life in each Area/Sub, providing the Commercial leadership and accountability we need to deliver connected sales and marketing as a reality for each and every team. The CMO creates a strong centre of gravity that bridges the work we do with segments and the focus we have on landing Global Demand Centres. The CMO also plans and executes consumer marketing campaigns and programs, embracing our modern marketing principles.
We are looking for an individual to join our fast-paced and energetic team to take ownership of the editorial voice and content plans for the technical audience - this includes both IT implementers and developers. This role will consist of 3 keys areas:
* Editorial Planning: work with the Commercial Marketing Managers and Business Groups to understand the technical audience strategy and develop from that an impactful editorial plan, identifying the needs of creating, curating and collaborating on content
* Copywriting: developing and writing content that resonates with the audience with a view to building trust & credibility, providing the right level of technical skills & training information, real world scenarios - all with a view to driving increase in adoption of products
* Managing Guest Contributors: working with a wide range of individuals from both within and outside of the Business to align with the editorial plan and deliver on required business outcomes
We are looking for an individual who has direct experience with this audience. This is a must, as from our experience, it is a necessity to enable this role to be able to connect with these unique roles.
Required skills / experience
* Solid understanding of the technical audience and the products, tools, languages and platforms they use.
* Editorial capability with a view to understanding the audience and being able to translate data into insights to develop clear editorial and content plans
* Strong copywriting experience with a view on driving impact and business results
* Demonstrated confidence and composure in working to a high workload and aggressive deadlines. Able to multi-task, prioritise and problem-solve independently
* Strong commercial acumen and channel knowledge to drive net new revenue and share gain marketing strategy - at the same time as demonstrating return on marketing investment
* Excellent collaboration skills
* Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral, to a broad set of internal and external stakeholders
* Proven marketing experience across digital/print/traditional - and importantly in relationship marketing / customer management
* Be able to work independently - and collaboratively with peers, vendors, agencies and virtual teams
* A unique balance of ability (and desire) to both understand strategy as well as drive day to day execution
* Skilled at getting things done, with a drive for results (specifically and often "thinking on their feet") and ability to perform amidst ambiguity and complexity.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant. In addition, subject to qualification criteria, you will have the potential opportunity to earn bonus.
Salary: up to £30,000 per annum
Application Deadline: Ongoing