|Job Ref:||204738308||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Flexible working hours plus benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:25|
Front End Developer|
Salary: to £40,000 plus flexible working hours plus benefits
Front End Developer: My client is opening new offices in Manchester and as a result of this expansion and new projects they now require an additional Front End Developer to join their existing team. This client has an excellent reputation, are working with cutting edge technology, invest heavily in their people and have won more awards only recently. It is also a very good company to work for with a real entrepreneurial spirit and they are committed to their employees.
Main duties of the post
* Interpret business requirements and technical specification documents, deliver an appropriate technical solution to agreed quality and timelines
* Perform coding to agreed coding standards
* Provide progress reports on tasks and projects
* Investigate, analyse and document reported defects
* Correct identified defects
* Create, document, and implement unit tests and scripts
* Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates
* Ensure Github repositories are maintained for allocated tasks.
* Proactively suggest improvements in customer programmes of work to Programme Lead.
* Perform maintenance development
* To be part of an escalation process for technical guidance in the wider development team
* Actively support and mentor less senior members of the development team
* Create business requirement and technical specification documents
* Perform related duties as assigned
Technical Skills required
* PHP for theming purposes
* Ability to transform designs into clean CSS and semantic markup
* Version Control (VCS)
* HTTP Protocol
* Response codes
* Performance Optimisation
* Full software lifecycle
* Design tools (e.g. Photoshop)
Knowledge and Experience required
* Ideally 3-4 years of development experience working in a development team within a commercial environment.
* Highly motivated with demonstrable technical and analytical skills.
* Desire to further technical skills and knowledge.
* Attention to detail, commitment and desire to complete a consistently high standard of work.
* Intermediate time management skills with the ability to manage own tasks to agreed timelines with limited supervision.
* Able to clearly communicate design and development decisions with limited assistance.
* Knowledge of best practice and architecture for complex web applications.
* Knowledge of and able to avoid common security issues in web applications.
* Able to articulate technical solutions with minimal assistance.
* Able to design and build technical solutions with minimal assistance.
* Strong communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person so call now to hear more