|Job Ref:||204738135||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Durham||Address:||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum Competitive salary + excel||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:25|
Sopra Banking Software is seeking a Software Developer to join our specialist team in Durham. Working as a Software Developer you will be a multi-faceted consultant, specialising in Finance as well as in IT. |
For over 40 years Sopra Banking Software has created innovative solutions and products for global financial services customers. Our loyal customer base comprises household names and spans Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and we have a clear strategy to expand our reach whilst continuing to serve our core markets. Our values are real, and ripple throughout the organisation â we respect one another, we support our teams, and we put our customers at the heart of all we do.
After initial training on the Banking Software and the Banking Industry, the Software Developer will be responsible for:
- Performing functional and technical analysis;
- Working on the development and implementation of our Sopra Banking Suite software;
- Developing software code in accordance with customer requirements in conjunction with the software design team
- Defining, planning and implementing test scripts
- Supporting customer implementations and upgrades
- Learning about the banking and finance industry.
You will be working in a dynamic environment with a team of highly skilled designers and developers based in Durham, and work closely with our colleagues in Sheffield, India, Belgium and France. Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Clearly defined growth possibilities on multiple national and international projects;
- Sopra Banking University training available throughout your career;
- There will be an initial training period when you will be required to travel to Brussels office.
- Further secondment opportunities to our sites in UK, Brussels, France or Luxembourg to support other customer projects will be made available as part of your personal development;
- Attractive financial package including a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree educated as a minimum
- Masters degree is highly desirable;
- Be able to apply good logic and problem solve
- Experience of working within a commercial environment for a maximum of two years;
- Experience of working in the financial services industry is highly desirable;
- Interest or existing experience of working in the finance industry;
- Flexibility on working hours and location as travel to Brussels will be required during initial training and thereafter for project commitments.
After a period of training, successful applicants may be required to work flexible hours and provide out of hours support.
The skills you will need are:
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with customers;
- The ability to deal with and propose solutions to complex problems;
- Positive attitude to trying out different things and offering innovative solutions;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage own workload;
Sopra Banking Software offer unrivalled opportunities to do meaningful work as you engage with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals - people determined to change the practices of business; increasing efficiency and improving the look and feel of technology for end users.
We provide the opportunity to learn and develop new skills and contribute to the advancement of your field - thinking ahead begins now. We are committed to helping you grow and share your expertise while developing a diverse and esteemed network of colleagues from around Europe.
You'll also enjoy a competitive salary, pension scheme, and excellent benefits package.
So what are you waiting for? Come and join our team and take your career to the next level