|Job Ref:||204738015||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Salary:||£65000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:25|
Principal Engineer - Systems Architecture|
We have an opportunity available for a Principal Engineer - Systems Architecture - for a client of ours based in Cambridge. With their continued global success in Internet of Things (IoT) applications they are now looking for a Principal Systems Architecture Engineer who will take responsibility for the end-to-end system design and the new offers and features feasibility analysis.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the end-to-end system architecture design, with definition of the functional split across the different products and relative message flows, defining the high-level requirements for the end-to-end systems and for each component product (black-box requirements) plus coordinating the technical design interface with partners. You will support product management in preparing effort estimates and proposing potential phasing and priorities for new offers and features and will then support the development teams in their implementation up to successful customer launch. Assisting the sales team during the tender process, including assisting with bids, presentations and customer meetings.
The Senior Systems Architecture Engineering responsibilities will include:
• Feasibility study, during F-E process.
• Draft high-level design.
• Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates.
• Systems design.
• Systems analysis, design of end-to-end systems.
• High-level requirements (HLRs).
• Statements of compliance (SoCs) against standards
• Contribution to technical partner management. .
• E2E features design with partners.
• Interface specification and alignment.
• Support to committed release (beyond design complete).
• Support to Dev, ST and test suite reviews.
• Contribution to product manuals.
• Tier 4 support, for field issues that need feature/system re-design.
• On-demand technical sales, by area of expertise.
Contribution to collateral's:
• white papers
• Support to customer presentations and workshops
• Bids & proposals support
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• 10 years' experience in end-to-end system designs in IoT / Telecom / Internet / IT arena with demonstrable capacity to design a solution against a customer problem statement.
• In deep technical knowledge in similar industries such as - IoT, Communication Systems etc..
• Fast-learner capability to gain detailed knowledge of company products and applications.
• In deep knowledge of the typical development process, with structured black-box requirements definition and their traceability (ISO/TLS).
• Qualified to degree level.
• Experience of writing tenders.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience of presenting to senior customers.
• Ability to put together excellent presentations.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
• Able to work independently without direction.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to demonstrate effective team working.
• Able to prioritise workload effectively.
• Highly organised.
• Proactive with a can do attitude.
• Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities.
If you would like to be considered for the Principal Engineer - Systems Architecture role, please click APPLY