|Job Ref:||204737983||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum 40 hours per week||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:25|
Are you an experienced Application Developer with sound knowledge of core web and mobile technologies? We have an opportunity for an individual like you to work within our growing IT Support team. You will be supporting over 750+ users across the UK.|
Millbrook Healthcare is a fast growing independently family owned business and is a leading provider of Healthcare Service solutions including Wheelchair and Community Equipment Services. We work closely with NHS, Local Authority and Social Care Organisations providing a complete outsourced service that significantly reduces costs, delivers better quality and an enhanced patient experience. Our mission is to provide a unique service that will ensure that all service users will receive the care, assessment and mobility equipment at the time they require it to enable them to achieve theirs and their families goals.
What are we looking for in an Application Developer?
• Develop and maintain complex, secure and scalable application solutions using SQL Server technologies, C#, XAML and LINQ in development, test and production environments.
• Share knowledge of tools and techniques with your wider team, both developers and non-developers
• Ensure high quality code is delivered in line with project goals and delivery cycles
• Co-ordinate and work with other technical staff to develop web and mobile applications, ensuring high levels of data availability, performance and integrity.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to applications.
• Have a good knowledge of core web and mobile technologies
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and deploy applications for the company, generating forms, reports, and queries when required
• Effectively troubleshoot data issues and inefficiencies, identify root causes and take remedial action
• Performance tuning and schema management
• Establish and participate in QA functions to ensure software quality
• Attend and contribute actively to IT Department team meetings
• Contribute to the development and production of functional specification and end user documentation.
• Assist in the creation of management information and reports as and when required.
• Evaluate task risks and impact on projects and assist in development planning activity as required
• You may be required to travel to meetings outside Southampton which may include overnight stays
You should possess outstanding working knowledge of general Microsoft Windows computing environments, networks, applications and peripherals including but not limited to:
• Working knowledge or exposure to application development using C# and XAML
• Extensive experience in delivering bespoke applications and providing subsequent support
• Strong experience with ASP/(url removed) web application development
• Knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, with T-SQL
• Experience of working on user-focussed Web portals and understanding of UX
• Experience of developing, testing and delivering multiple software projects and system releases to schedule
• An awareness of Agile development principles and Scrum methodology
Knowledge of the following is desirable:
• Experience as a .NET developer
• Mobile application development experience
• Knowledge of data warehousing/SQL Analysis Services
• Experience of XML, XML entities and XML encoding types
• Ability to write unit tests and use test driven development to deliver functionality
• Good understanding of API's
• Knowledge and experience of version control systems
• Experience of the full development life cycle
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• ITIL Foundation qualification
• Full UK Driving licence
What can we offer you?
• A salary of between £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
• Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm (Hours of work could change dependant on business requirements with shift cover potentially required between 7am and 6pm)
• Company Pension Scheme
• 32 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) with the option of an extra day
• Life Assurance
• Free Parking
• Career progression
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
We are always looking to recruit hard working, driven and talented individuals to join the Millbrook Healthcare Team and to become a part of our ongoing growth and success. You'll enjoy all the support and encouragement you need to reach your own potential and develop a rewarding career along the way. For a full list of our vacancies please call our friendly recruitment team on (Apply online only)