|Job Ref:||204736623||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£24000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:25|
IT Technician |
£24,000 - £26,000 per annum DOE
Syntax Consultancy have a requirement for an IT Technician to be based in Wokingham on a permanent basis working for one of the UK`s leading suppliers of education support services with a portfolio that includes the full spectrum of ICT. All of their services are managed and delivered by a team that has a wealth of experience and an excellent reputation within the education arena.
You must have a strong customer focus and have a high level of urgency. You must also display high levels of ownership.
- Providing strong 2nd Line Technical Support to education sector customers.
- Remote management and maintenance of client network environments
- Provide ICT technical support and guidance to all clients and staff
- Managing your time effectively and recording timesheet information in the online management system
- Build key relationships with key technical contacts at client sites and third parties
Enhanced DBS/CRB cleared or willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
- Configuring and managing Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DH
- Server operating systems; Windows 2003 and up, Desktop Windows 7 and up, Network methodologies, equipment and protocols, Interactive Classroom Devices; Touch Screens or Interactive Whiteboards.
- Good knowledge and/or experience of maintaining and supporting Apple products - iPads, OSX
- Good knowledge and/or experience with Server 2008/2012
- Experience in Virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 8
- Self-Motivated and accountable with a high attention to detail
- Excellent customer facing skills with a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent Time Management, and Planning & Control
- Ability to work with other employees or customers who do not have an ICT background.
- Ability to communicate persuasively at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience in supporting a school network environment or previous experience working in the education sector.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, pay / rate expectations and a short Covering Letter explaining why you believe you would be a strong match for the position advertised.
If your experience matches the key requirements of the position you will receive a call from a member of the Syntax team who will run through the role in greater detail and answer any further questions you may have.
We always do our very best to respond individually to all applicants. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret that it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency