|Job Ref:||204736610||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£500 - £525/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:25|
Digital Technical Architect - Health Sector|
We are seeking a Digital Technical Architect - Health Sector with strong experience of the below requirements. The initial contract runs until December 2016 and you will be working for a Public Sector organisation based in Newcastle.
Daily Rate: Up to £525 per day.
The successful candidate must either hold BPSS clearance or be willing to undergo security vetting in order to obtain the level required.
Key tasks and deliverables
* Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and on-going improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving millions of users.
* Principle work package will be the BSA's authentication and user validation service, which is intended to be used by all external customers accessing the latest digital services.
* Preparation of technical architecture documents for GDS assessments, and where required participation in GDS assessments
* Lead the rapid development of user-driven prototypes and end solutions to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems.
* Provide assurance to ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are designed, architected and thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
* Innovate where possible in line with the BSA's digital strategy keeping up to date with new and emerging technologies and apply when appropriate.
* Advocate for delivery of projects using Agile, open source technologies, collaboration and design principles.
* Fully conversant in the 18 GDS Digital Service Standards
* Preparation for and participation in GDS Assessments
* Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing complex software systems, i.e. currently engaged in architecting and building high-volume digital services and deployment into cloud based platforms
* Use and implementation of modern front end web programming techniques and frameworks, such as HTML5, CSS3, REST, JSON, AngularJS, Bootstrap; and Web programming frameworks such as Django, Ruby on Rails, Scala / Play etc.
* Experience and knowledge of working with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
* Designing and implementing scalable and robust approaches to caching, security and databases (including relational, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, and "NoSQL", e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
* Transitioning from a waterfall/legacy environments to agile/digital cloud environments
* Significant experience in Authentication and User Validation services
* Experience and knowledge of developing product roadmaps, backlogs and measurable success criteria, and of writing user stories, i.e. can establish a path to delivery for breaking down stories
* Experience and knowledge of organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts aligned to the GDS principles of delivery of projects.
Please note the closing date for applications for this role is 9.00am on the 7th October 2016
If you considering a move from your current role please apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Bhavit Panchmatia on (url removed)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)